Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cheongdo Bull Fighting Festival and Wine Tunnel

A few weeks ago I attended an organized trip to a bullfighting festival about an hour outside of Daegu. now, bullfighting is not something I would typically choose to watch, but I thought, "When am I gonna get another chance to see bullfighting? In Korea, no less?" So I decided to attend the trip.

The first part of the excursion was a trip to the Cheongdo Wine Tunnel. It is exactly what it sounds like, a winery inside a converted train tunnel. The wine that they make there isn't made out of grapes, its made out of persimmon, a fruit that's fairly popular in Daegu. I'm a fan of this fruit, but I don;t think it translated well into wine. Its very sweet and tends to leave you with a dry feeling in your mouth.

After the wine tunnel, we went to the bullfighting stadium. It literally was two bulls fighting against each other. It was certainly an interesting experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment