Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yes, I have finally started a blog!!

So I have been here for over a week now and I know before I left I said I'd keep people updated via a blog. Well... I've finally started it. I finally have Internet in my apartment, therefore time to sit down and do this. There is so much to catch everyone up on since so much has happened already.

But first, an explanation of my blog name... thank you Jacob for this one. So apparently there is this park in Daegu called Aspan Park (I haven't been there yet but I'm sure it's lovely). For anyone who doesn't get it, the title is a play off of Springsteen's "Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ." Being that I'm from Jersey and a Springsteen fan I couldn't pass this one up. It was much better than any of the other options i came up with such as "A Jew in Daegu" or the very basic "Laura in Korea."

So there you have it, "Greetings from Aspan Park, SK" has been born. I will do my best to keep everyone up to date on my life and I want to know what's going on back home as well. I would love to get emails and can you you a more detailed account of things that way. I'm also available via Gchat and Skype. I also do have a mailing address and once i figure out what that is I will let the world know.

I guess, that's all for now. My next post will actually contain some info about my new life in SK.

1 comment:

  1. WOOO Laura has learned technology! I'm so proud of you! I hope you're better at this than keeping in touch when we were on SAS. Make sure you post pictures too! Can't wait to hear more!

    LOVE

    ReplyDelete