Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Daegu Theater Troupe's Comedy Cabaret Night

Anyone who knows me knows that theater has been a big part of my life since my early teen years and I am so happy that I am able to continue being involved with theater even now that I am in South Korea. There is a small theater troupe made up of an eclectic group of foreigners based out of my city and I participated in their most recent show.

Daegu Theater Troupe hosted its Comedy Cabaret Night last saturday. The show was held at a local cafe in downtown Daegu and featured short skits and musical acts. I was in four skits in total. It was my first time acting in several years and my first time being involved with theater since I graduated college. It was quite a nerve-wracking experience since my acting chops are a tad rusty, but it went very well. I think I did a good job, If I do say so myself.

We had an awesome turnout - much better than we expected. We were expecting about 50 people to come, but had an audience over closer to 100, possibly even more than that. We had more people show up than we had seats for. It was great to have such a large audience since proceeds from the event went to a local charity. We raised 600,000 KRW for the Maha Buddhist Center, aprox. 525 USD.

I look forward to being involved with future performances with the Daegu Theater Troupe.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Laura,
    Great post, my wife and daughters arrived in Korea on this day and would love to make friends with other Americans in Daegu. Your blogs and pictures are just awesome. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

    Javier
    Jcpr72@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete